If any of your projects use a Git repository, you can use Git commits to automatically update any work item in your organization. With Aiveo's Git commit commands you can:
- Log time to a work item
- Change the state of a work item
- Change the assignee of a work item
- Comment on a work item
Aiveo supports Git commands for the following services:
In order to setup your organization for Git commands, follow the steps below.
- Go to Organization > Integrations
- Click "Generate" to create a new app secret for your organization
- Copy either the Bitbucket, GitHub, or GitLab URL, depending on the repository you would like to integrate with
- Use the URL you copied from step 3 to setup webhooks in Bitbucket, GitHub or GitLab. You can find instructions on how to do this at Bitbucket Webhooks, GitHub Webhooks, or GitLab Webhooks
Once your organization is setup for Git commands, each user should setup their aliases so that Aiveo can identify them when processing git commands. To setup an alias, follow the steps below.
- Go to your account settings by clicking on your name in the top right, then clicking Account
- Enter in your Bitbucket username, Github username, or GitLab email address into the Alias entry field.
- Click Save
That's it! Your organization should now be ready to accept commands from Git repositories.
Git commands use the following commit message syntax.
<Ignored text> [Work Item ID] [-c <comment>] [-t <time in hours to log>] [-s <state to change work item to>] [-a <email address of assignee>]
All of the arguments (-t, -s, -a, and -c) in the command are optional and can be included in any order.
Commenting on a work item
The following Git commit message will add a comment to the work item ACME-555
Fixed the bug ACME-555 -c This will be fixed in version 2.5.2
Logging time to a work item
The following Git commit message will log 2.5 hours to the work item ACME-321
Partially implemented feature ACME-321 -t 2.5
Multiple changes to a work item
The following Git commit message will log time, add a comment, change the state, and change the assignee of the work item ACME-123
Changed some files ACME-123 -c This is ready for review. -s In QA -t 1.5 -a [email protected]